Sunday, October 08, 2006

Great Repeal Act

I realise I am a bit slow off the mark with this one but I was not at this years annual conference. Having listened to Nick Cleggs speech about the need for a Great Repeal Act I have to declare I am convinced. Nick Clegg had me worried during the leadership election. I was worried that one of the great hopes for the future leadership of our great party had sold out on the basis of allowing a temporary leader to hold the fort whilst a younger generation had the opportunity to come through. If anyone has any doubt about the potential that Nick Clegg has to lead this party in the future then they should listen to this speech now. Ok it will take 18 minutes out of your life but I promise it is worth it. Having watched his speech if you feel inspired to suggest some unnecessary laws which need to be repealed then please go here to make your suggestions.

No comments: