Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Campbell and Huhne Square Up

Judging by the reports in yesterdays Guardian Campbelland Huhne now see themselves as the main rivals to win the leadership battle. I guess that may make the 2nd preferences of Simon Hughes supporters critical to both candidates as to who will ultimately win this contest.

I guess I am also slightly concerned about the tone of some of this although I guess it is entirely natural. I just hope the entire parliamentary party will get back on an even keel following the election and give their wholehearted support to the new leader (whoever it is)

Tag Lib Dems

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sure they will, mainly because the election process is so fair and comprehensive. As I took the three ballot papers for our family down to the postbox, I had a good feeling. Call me an old anorak, but the STV/ATV system really helps in a situation like this in that it really sorts out a situation in one simple ballot. It beats the several-iterated Tory system, that's for sure.