Saturday, April 01, 2006

Champions -at a canter and in some style

Back from the Reading game. Reading are promoted as champions and they did it in some style after battling away for 60 minutes in a fairly even contest the flood gates opened. Reading took Derby apart and absolutely battered them for the final 30 minutes running out 5-0 winners. The fans celebrated in style as the mexican waves circled the stadium with even the Derby fans joining in. The final whistle saw a massive pitch invasion and huge celebrations. The players could not get back out onto the pitch but eventually appeared in the directors box along with Steve Coppell and John Madejski as the champagne was cracked open. Meanwhile Leeds screwed up and missed a good opportunity to gain ground on Sheffield United - Its looking like the playoffs for them.

Tags Football Reading Leeds

1 comment:

Kinda Perfect said...

I lived in Reading most my life (although I don't at the moment), and despite being Chelsea fans as we originate from London my family and I all have a soft spot for the Royals. I even watched them play a few times at Elm Park back in the day.

It was brilliant to hear the result of todays game and its great that Reading having secured their promotion took the title in style. I am definatly looking forward to seeing them play in the Premier League (although I will be cheering for Chelsea when the two meet) and hope its a long term stay for them!