Saturday, May 06, 2006

Leeds vs Preston - still all to play for

After a long trip to Elland Road last night (returning at 3am) there is still all to play for in this tie and effectively it starts at 0-0 on Monday night after the 1-1 draw last night. In my opinion (although slightly biased) Leeds were unlucky not to win this match. The referee was diabolical (both ways) and Leeds should have had at least one penalty. Preston clearly think they have the contest won especially judging by the behaviour of their manager at the final whistle and hopefully this will play into our hands. I felt Leeds gave it a really good go last night I was impressed with Kelly particularly in the first half and I thought Stone was a great addition when he cam on in the second half. If he can last the full ninety minutes ( and I am not sure he is fit enough yet) then he should start in my opinion. Meanwhile Watford have just thrashed Palace 3-0 at Palace in the first leg of the other semi final and look like tough opponents for whoever reaches the final.

No comments: