Wednesday, October 24, 2007

My vote goes to Nick Clegg


So why am I backing Nick Clegg?
Well I suspect that this will be a two horse race with an extreme outside chance that it might just become a one horse race! I assumed that Steve Webb would also stand but he has now thrown his weight behind Nick Clegg.

Last time I gave my second preference to Chris Huhne and unlike previous leadership elections where there has always been one candidate (usually the winner) whom I would not give a preference to at all I would not have a problem if Chris was elected.

I don't believe that there are huge differences between the two likely candidates and I guess I reserve the right to change my mind if some really significant policy differences emerge.

For me the critical question is which of the two is more likely to be able to engage with and communicate to the electorate at large as opposed to just to friendly Liberal Democrat audiences? Who is most likely to speak in plain language? Who is most likely to understand the every day common issues which affect millions of people? Who is most likely to understand the issues which frustrate people and where we need to identify (and communicate) common sense (a particular bug bear of this blog at the moment) policies for the future.

Given that this is the critical issue for me there is only one answer - Nick Clegg.

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

.
Support GLBT Rights! Fight back against those that stone gays to death! Democracy NOT Theocracy!

STOP KUFFARPHOBIA Demonstration at Whitehall in London, 12pm Friday 10/26/07!

I think we all must start calling the Islamofascists 'racists'. We should scream that they are hateful towards the Christian race, and the Jewish race, and the Hindu race, and the Atheist Race, that they are Christianityphobiasts. They will scream that Christianity is not a race, and we'll say:

"See, Islam is NOT a race either.
And by the way, the Bible doesn't say to convert, conquer or kill non-Christians; like the Koran says to do to non-Muslims. So there YOU RACIST hater of non-Muslims! You're a Kuffarphobic!"

Be careful all you in London Friday 10/26!

absurd thought -
God of the Universe says
don't call a spade a spade

Islamist terrorism
not related to Islam


absurd thought -
God of the Universe wants
many Taliban planets

stonings and beheadings
billions killed daily


absurd thought -
God of the Universe says
be very afraid...

of saying the wrong things
TRUTH is especially BAD


http://absurdthoughtsaboutgod.blogspot.com

:)
. .

Anonymous said...

Is there a website which states clearly what the two contenders stand for and their views on the policy issues?

Tony Ferguson said...

Clegg is here

http://www.nickclegg.com/campaign/

and Huhne is here

http://www.chris2win.org/

Anonymous said...

w7hAO2 write more, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Nice Article.

Anonymous said...

Nice Article.

Anonymous said...

Good job!

Anonymous said...

Hello all!

Anonymous said...

Nice Article.

Anonymous said...

Magnific!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog.

Anonymous said...

Hello all!

Anonymous said...

Good job!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to author.

Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

Anonymous said...

Hello all!

Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

Anonymous said...

A flashlight is a case for holding dead batteries.

Anonymous said...

Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

Anonymous said...

Calvin, we will not have an anatomically correct snowman!

Anonymous said...

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Anonymous said...

Beam me aboard, Scotty..... Sure. Will a 2x10 do?

Anonymous said...

What is a free gift ? Aren't all gifts free?

Anonymous said...

Build a watch in 179 easy steps - by C. Forsberg.

Anonymous said...

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

Anonymous said...

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

Anonymous said...

Nice Article.

Anonymous said...

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Anonymous said...

Calvin, we will not have an anatomically correct snowman!

Anonymous said...

Build a watch in 179 easy steps - by C. Forsberg.

Maria said...

i appreciate the way of writing.......good discussion

Data Recovery Software

ICSI Mexico said...

Mine too, he is brilliant.