Friday, February 09, 2007

Leeds for sale again?


Rumours are circulating about the future ownership of Leeds United – again!

The current one circulating is that Peter Wilkinson currently owner of Hull City and said to be worth approximately £400m (although according to the 2005 Rich list he was worth £269m) is to buy the club off Ken Bates. There was supposed to be a big announcement in January according to Uncle Ken but it never came so maybe this is what it was and negotiations are still ongoing.

Wilkinson is said to be Leeds through and through and he lives in Ilkley. He was quoted in an article on Real Business Online as saying “I am never, ever buying Leeds United.”

However back in 2003 he told the Yorkshire Evening Post "I'm heartbroken at what's happened to this football club. I've lived through hell for the past three years watching what's gone on at Elland Road. I've watched Leeds for 40 years and I hate seeing them where they are now. I've watched the club destroyed. It's desperately sad when you see Leeds are at the bottom of the league.”

Deja Vue – only we are now bottom of a different league

This guy is an astute businessman and would I feel be good news for the club - Just for good measure it is also rumoured that the new manager will be Paul Jewell.

No comments: