Monday, July 10, 2006

Thailand is the most risky place for holidaymakers

I found this statistic from Norwich Union somewhat at odds with my own personal experiences in Thailand. Maybe I have just been luck and admittedly I am only one person whereas their report was based on some 60,000 claims. I have always found Thailand to be a safe and happy place. Apparently British holiday makers are most likely to suffer "food poisoning, theft, traffic accidents or the loss of belongings" when visiting Thailand. The traffic accidents I can believe although I have seen countries where the problem is worse. As for the rest - well I have seen no great evidence of theft being a problem and the food is wonderful. It certainly won't stop me going again. In fact the flights are already booked!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I suspect that you go to the quieter, less touristy areas when you travel to Thailand as opposed to the *overflooded* with tourist areas which tend to be a Mecca for all kinds of opportunist practices and crime.

Very much like when we went to Ibiza - the Ibiza we saw was very far removed froom the Hell that is San Antonia and Ibiza town.